• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No Power to Lift pump !!!!!!!!

5delta1

Reaction score
HI have 98 gmc sierra k2500 4wd. Drove to work the other night and alt. meter was bouncing crazy. Alt. check done before and box store said it was fine. Also headlights pulsating.. anyway.....the next am(10 below O) the batteries were drawn down and had to jump start(block heater plugged in all night) truck ran then stalled and jumped it again...stalled again.checked fuel filter housing and was empty....lift pump not working...put meter on pins in connector and read like 0.03 or 0.5 v,,, jumped the pump with 12v(from batt. charger) and pump filled housing..truck ran until MT again. charged batt. changed out oil pressure sensor and even plugged in new pump and still nothing...At my witts end ??????? anyone

even if the rest of the truck has power ..ie glow plugs lights. it seems as the lift pump is the only problem.....worked on the way to work now nothing....?

The relay is good.....put new ops in .....even hooked up new pump to harness and still nothing.... checked fuses (thought they were good) and nothing......? ground in the harness? diagram for wiring circuit for lift pump? anyone ....gonna try 2 new batteries and check ALL grounds(if i can find them) and see..any suggestions helpful...thanks

HI have 98 gmc sierra k2500 4wd. Drove to work the other night and alt. meter was bouncing crazy. Alt. check done before and box store said it was fine. Also headlights pulsating.. anyway.....the next am(10 below O) the batteries were drawn down and had to jump start(block heater plugged in all night) truck ran then stalled and jumped it again...stalled again.checked fuel filter housing and was empty....lift pump not working...put meter on pins in connector and read like 0.03 or 0.5 v,,, jumped the pump with 12v(from batt. charger) and pump filled housing..truck ran until MT again. charged batt. changed out oil pressure sensor and even plugged in new pump and still nothing...At my witts end ??????? anyone

even if the rest of the truck has power ..ie glow plugs lights. it seems as the lift pump is the only problem.....worked on the way to work now nothing....?

The relay is good.....put new ops in .....even hooked up new pump to harness and still nothing.... checked fuses (thought they were good) and nothing......? ground in the harness? diagram for wiring circuit for lift pump? anyone ....gonna try 2 new batteries and check ALL grounds(if i can find them) and see..any suggestions helpful...thanks

Defanately on the right track. Fill out your signature so we know more about you. Its under USERCP at top of page.

Checking grounds is the FIRST place i'd start too. Take them off, wire brush ground bracket and mounting surface and reapply. There are about 10 of them in the engine bay, some back under turbo to frame, by PS Battery to cab, back by the transmission dispstic, and a few to the engine from neg batts.

Taking them off, wire brushing and re-tightening is cruciel. Visual inspection is not enough.

X2 oall above, besides those are all free except for your time and you really get to know your truck that way and may find other lil things to take care of.

It was a broken ground along frame rail by sending unit plug..thanks for all your input...

Back