• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No 4wd

3rd week of March a few years ago we got 7 feet in 6 days in my old backcountry patrol area. Really wet heavy snow too. I was overwhelmed at day 3. Highway dept. came over with their big front end loader chained up to help clean me out....it got stuck. They managed to get it free and finished cleaning my driveway. A month later it was almost all melted off. I definitely don't miss the ridiculous snowstorms I had to deal with there.

Ooooohhhh, don't tease me like that. :D Can we have that again?

TroutTrooper, some shots from up somewhat near your neck of the woods. I'm sure you can guess where:

Rising5.jpg

Rising4MII-1-2.jpg

23Brown.jpg

Release.jpg

RainbowRiver2.jpg

Steve

Wow BigT, thats a lot of snow. Sometimes we get up to 25 in where I live, but usually only 8-10 in. Right now we got nothing and Iam very happy with that.

Have changed my actuator now and its working, but man its working slow!
Even slower than the old one so I guess it will be replaced with the electric one. Will run this one for a while first.

Trond

Trond, we diagnosed the problem correctly. Those thermo actuators will slow down in the cold, eventually not working at all. The motorized ones are much better and as noted, I've got the wiring down to where the entire job of installing the actuator and the new harness could probably be done in 15 to 20 minutes. Good luck and have some safe winter driving.

Yeah we hadn't seen snow that heavy locally in like 40 years. It was back to back dumps of 18" to 20". I was snowed in for a week as the snow plows closed off my driveway and no private plows could reach us. I just continued working on the remodel of the place, playing with the dogs and just enjoying the beautiful scenery, while living on cans of soup and Captain Morgan and Coke until I could get out. Unfortunately, that is when my 4wd thermo actuator decided to fail again.

Steve, Big T

Back