• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Newbie with an new 08 LMM

PMFIORE

Reaction score
hello newbie here.I just purchased an 08 lmm 2 days ago i sold my 01 dmax and used fuel additive reguarly.i asked the dealer if i used fuel additive in the lmm would it void the warranty.she never answered yes or no but she did say that i dont need it.i live in northern jersey and we can see 0 degress around here. does anyone use fuel additive in there lmm for anti gelling reasons or for any other reason if so what kind ?

I won't void your warranty. It's always a good idea in my opinion, especially in your climate. I run Stanadyne every tank.

hello newbie here.I just purchased an 08 lmm 2 days ago i sold my 01 dmax and used fuel additive reguarly.i asked the dealer if i used fuel additive in the lmm would it void the warranty.she never answered yes or no but she did say that i dont need it.i live in northern jersey and we can see 0 degress around here. does anyone use fuel additive in there lmm for anti gelling reasons or for any other reason if so what kind ?

You do need to run something to lubricate the injectors. Depending on your use it should be something that will clean them too. Don't need to run it every tank but need to do it on a regular basis.

No warranty issues. They have to prove the additive caused a specific problem, that's not going to happen.

I use Amsoil Diesel Concentrate with Cold Flow Improver. PM me for discount pricing.

Welcome aboard:beer:

As far as the fuel additive, use it if you want. It will not void your warranty. Besides, they'll never know anyhow:D.

GM recommends Stanadyne anyway. I use the Lubricity Formula and the Amsoil Cetane Booster. I just want to make sure I have quality fuel.

Back