• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Newbie here! Need some help!?

doughboy18718

Diesel Retard!
Reaction score
Howdy all,

I'm new here, and new to diesels as well. I just purchased a 94 GMC K2500LD with a 6.5TD under the hood. I bought it knowing that one of the lifters is bad, and with the idea of replacing it. Where can I get a decent set of lifters for this truck? The truck has 330,000 miles on it, so I know I will be replacing a lot of things in the near future, including doing a possible engine rebuild. I want a decent set of lifters, but nothing that will break the bank, but something that will last and hold up to some extra HP when I decide to tinker.

Thanks in advance!

Doughboy18718

With 300K I would put the cheapest ones possible. Putting new lifters on a cam with that much mileage will most likely wear out the cam lobe quickly. If all you want to do is get it running for now just replace whichever ones are bad with the cheapest you can find.

I see them on flea-bay all the time, fairly cheap. You might post here that your looking for a few, some members may have extra parts from a previous engine.
Don

Back