• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New update for the Predator

trotorx2

Reaction score
I just found this over at Diablos web site.

This new update, in addition to adding support for 2010 applications, has 2 new adjustable parameters for Fuel Rail Pressure adjustment and Injector Timing adjustment.

Timing can be added or removed in .5* increments, while pressure can be raised or lowered in 100 kpa increments.

Is this for someone that stacks say the puck and the predator or will these adjustments be useful with just the predator? I know nothing about diesel tuning this is why I'm asking.

I just found this over at Diablos web site.

This new update, in addition to adding support for 2010 applications, has 2 new adjustable parameters for Fuel Rail Pressure adjustment and Injector Timing adjustment.

Timing can be added or removed in .5* increments, while pressure can be raised or lowered in 100 kpa increments.

Is this for someone that stacks say the puck and the predator or will these adjustments be useful with just the predator? I know nothing about diesel tuning this is why I'm asking.

For the 120 tune, it can rattle in the winter. Therefore you could adjust the timing down instead of going down to the 85 tune, etc.

That's just an example.

The 120 tune rattles entirely too much for me so I never go above 85. If there was a way to get the tune without the rattle, I'd be content.

Ok I see the timing rattle part. I guess I've never noticed it. We don't get much winter here in south Texas. I can't remember what all the tool logs. I tried once and didn't get much but I probably doidn't do it right.

That 120 tune sounds like marbles in a can at any engine speed. Can't be good for longevity.

I only ran it for a couple of weeks so I can't quite remember how bad it was.

Ok now you've got me wondering about the rattle. I haven't noticed it but will listen tomorrow on my way to work.

I may not do the update as I like the programmer I just wish I could get the speedo right with out setting off the ABS light.

Back