• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new sub

carolinacountyboy

Reaction score
Ok i got my new sub today stock truck 2 wheel drive. pics when the rain stops two things i noticed today one the lights on the dash abs, water in fuel parking brake and other random lights come on when you step on the go pedal and the wipers don't work. 45 mile drive home sucked in the rain with no wipers just rain-x . where is the wiper motherboard located so i can replace it. Any ideas what can be causing the random lights on the dash thanks Jerry

Before you get into things too much, and especially since it's new to you, start with battery cables and ALL grounds. Clean the posts, take a look at the cables for signs of wear, look at the open end of the battery cables - make sure you don't see any signs of corrosion. The corrosion can get inside the vinyl jacket and make it hard to see, sometimes. Take off all the grounds and inspect/clean/replace as necessary.

Those trucks are notorious for coroding the circuits board for the wiper control. In some cases you can just solder the gaps in the board, other times you just replace.

It is located in the wiper motor. IIRC its pull 4-5 torx screws, remove cover, remove board, replace cover and screws reconnect wire and you are done.

Back