• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new shoes

SSduramax

should be workin'...
Reaction score
Just got these new wheels and tires yesterday for the trailer :hurray:

the old ones:

one flat, wouldnt hold air for more than a day
one blown out
one rim didn't match
one good (now the spare)

the new ones
5x15, 5 bolt on 5 inch bolt circle, with ST205/75/R15

got them from E trailer.com

I didn't realize that it would take 45 days to send me 4 tires and wheels from a place that speacializes in trailer tires and wheels. I won't be doing business with them again.

they told me they would have them in 7 - 10 days! After about 15 calls and bitching, they said they couldn't get them :mad5: but they could get me these modular wheels...
I had originally order the 5 spoke (wagon wheel looking).

well, here they are!

Sweet, I just did the same to my one trailer. I put a set of crappy used tires on it on the stock steelies a while back, and one by one they've been going. Believe it or not, Menards has the wagon wheels/tires on the shelf ready to go for $90. I also wound up with one good one which is now my spare. :wink5:

I am going to get new shoes for the 5er very soon but I was waiting until I get my hitch all set-up.I haven't even pulled it yet ha ha.Bought the cart before the horse.The tires look good but I know from past experience with heavy trailers its best to change the tires every four years or they will blow-out on ya.

i actually bought the old tires about 5 yrs ago and put them on the wheels that came on the trailer ( bought the trailer for 500 in 99 or 2000, put a set of tires on it and a fresh coat of black paint (it used to be blue) and that has been it... until the blow out and figured it was time for the hole setup.

shit, I cant figure dates ,s o =the math is probly all screwed up

Last edited:
Back