• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new radio ??

HoytBows

Reaction score
I got an '03 Durry with a stock cd/radio that wont take or give back cd's. If i force it in then it will eventually play them but then wont give them back.

I want to replace it with a newer one out of a newer truck because i want to keep my steering controls.

Anybody know how new I can go and still have everything plug together and fit right? maybe 07?

any 03-07 classic radio will work. Half ton, burb, HD, tahoe, they all used the same radio.

What you need to know is if you have bose or not as this plays a maor role in buying a used head unit.

You will also need to have the dealer unlock it so it can relearn the VIN.

The factory radios learn the VIN of the vehicle from the BCM. It's part of the theft lock system in the radio, it makes it more of a pain for the people who steal them. When you replace the radios you have to reprogram them to your vehicle.

If your truck is equiped with the BOSE audio it will have the BOSE logos on the speaker grills on the door panels.

Dont worry the bose upgrade in the trucks doesnt sound all that great. Now when you upgrade to the luxury bose like in the escalades and denalis like I did it sounds nice.

Back