• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New member question

OhioTim

Reaction score
I have a 1996 K1 1500 suburban my brakes don’t sufficiently stop quick enough I’m looking for recommendations to upgrade the braking system and/or parts it appears from reading the post that I can simply upgrade my calipers for significant improvement. Any recommendations, and or part numbers would be greatly appreciated.

I switched from vacuum to hydraulic. AKA Hydro boost. Super improvement I live in Colorado and alt 6700ft. vacuum sucks here barely Haha -
Manifold vacuum at max is 13"HG most of highway speeds are at 8-10" hg. Had bad experience with truck loaded with camper pulling a boat and a less than intelligent driver cut me off and then slow way down. Since hydro boost installed brakes will put you into the dash hard if not belted tight. Loving it. all OEM parts replaced and did the trick!!! Salvage yard and rockauto provided the goodies needed.

Back