• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new mbrp, uh oh...

jackh

Reaction score
i opened up my mbrp box and this is what i found...

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/4521/pics211za3.jpg

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/9682/pics212hn7.jpg

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/4088/pics213ws1.jpg

the first pic is of the midpipe, the second is the muffler. both these dings will ultimately end up inside another pipe, which makes me think that theyre supposed to be there to help with ease of fitment. i attached the diagram from the instructions in case it helps. what do yall think?

take plyers and bend it back a little same thing happened with mine but it was the muffler and then the pipe that attaches to the down pipe

nate will deff take care of you, but if he offers to get you a new one it would deff be alot easier to just bend it back a little. unless you dont mind waiting a little while more and having to ship the old one back. what ever you do good luck

i dont mind waiting a little longer cuz i wont have time to install for another week or so but i dont want the hassle of shipping it back. if you bent it back and he says theres no problem with that, thats what ill do

he called me back, he said that happens to like 99% of shipped exhaust systems and that its not a problem at all. said you can hammer it out with a ball pin hammer or just bend it back out with pliers

good! :D

You dont want the muffler anyway right?

oh yes you do.

Ill admit, most days I like my 5" straight pipe stack. But other days i Just wish I could turn off the sound. Its not drone, its across the entire power band, the drone area is a thousand times worse, right up at 2400RPM, I swear the db level is at least twice as high.

The muffler will give you a loud truck, but still keep it quiet in the cab.

hell no. i live in houston, and i dont live on the outskirts of it either. i wouldn't last a wk with a straight piped diesel in my residential area lol

My neighbors hate me, we warm up 2 straight piped diesels every morning :boink:

Depends on what my dsp switch is set on, my son's is a 12V cummins with stacks. Its really aggravating when we drive off at the same time :D

Haha, i really could care less what my neighbors think, thats why i leave my trucks running all i want, have my friends over all the time, we rip down the street doing burnouts, dounuts all that fun stuff. and i live in a relatively nice hood, not a big open country place :D
And my exhaust and my friends exhaust from mbrp both had the tail pipes digned, no biggy

My neighbors hate me, we warm up 2 straight piped diesels every morning :boink:

haha i have a feeling im gonna get taddled on. i got a cook neighboor that compains about everything you could think of. wrote a letter to the city council about a rooster we had that crowed a little too much. he shoots ppl dogs with his bb gun cuz they bark and ppl walkin around the neighboorhood. hes written complaints about my other neigboors sound system too.

sh!t

Back