• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Injectors

busdriver75

Busier than hell...
Reaction score
took the truck in this morning to get a couple things checked out, mainly a check air bag message and rough idle. called me back a bit ago to tell me that the front air bag crash sensor was bad and that it would be around $200 to fix. also checked the injectors and said that one was over fueling and that they would be replacing all 8, no questions asked.

vacuum pump went out over the weekend and threw a CEL yesterday, so they are replacing that as well. i squaked at the price when he called and told him that i'd replace it myself, knowing it costs 123.xx from gmpartsdirect. he matched the price and even came down in labor.

so far these guys have been excellent to deal with. i'll keep you posted.:thumbsup:

i've got 92,7xx on the truck now. its graff auto mall in fostoria, OH. they seem to be decent to work with so far. i think they're going to have my truck over the weekend tho, which kinda sucks.

you must be out of diesel warranty by time then. the pump should be covered if it was still under the 5yr/100,000 mile. oh well not to expensive.

the pump would have been covered, except my truck was put in service on 5/30/03, which means my 60 months is up now. oh well, i'm not bitching because he priced matched gm partsdirect and came down on labor for the pump.

UPDATE:

injector work is done. i got the truck back from the dealer today. they changed the oil and the coolant, and didn't charge me for either. the only thing i got charged for was the other work that i requested they do (vacuum pump and air bag sensor). both of those items were done very reasonably.

my truck seems quite a bit quieter than it was before the injector work. seems to run better too.

the DIC mileage was running lower on the trip home from the dealership. is this common to lose mileage with new injectors? or was it a figment of my imagination??

some have complained of that, but mine went back up to were it should be. i guess it depends. on what, i dont know.

Ken

i think its my time.... AGAIN!! these damn injectors are such a bain to the lb7. now to find a dealer that will take care of business without too much hassle..........

We are on the 4th set of injetcors on our 03 LB7 our dealer sucks and 2 of those sets are there fault for ot remebering to tighten certain clamps and then the injectors just cooked them selves. Always have done the work for free though, to bad it is shotty work though.

UPDATE:

injector work is done. i got the truck back from the dealer today. they changed the oil and the coolant, and didn't charge me for either. the only thing i got charged for was the other work that i requested they do (vacuum pump and air bag sensor). both of those items were done very reasonably.

my truck seems quite a bit quieter than it was before the injector work. seems to run better too.

the DIC mileage was running lower on the trip home from the dealership. is this common to lose mileage with new injectors? or was it a figment of my imagination??
When I had my injectors replaced, my milage went from 24 mpg to 19 mpg....that was almost 80k miles ago. My milage is at 22mpg now which I blame on ULSD which was introduced at the time my squirters were replaced. I will drive this truck until it falls apart

Back