• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Injectors increase fuel mileage by 25%??

Matt Bachand

Depends on the 6.5
Reaction score
Walt's claiming his new fuel miser injectors increase MPG by 25% and add 25hp...

also shows a really nice close-up multi angle view of injectors for people who want more visual...

Walt's claiming his new fuel miser injectors increase MPG by 25% and add 25hp...

also shows a really nice close-up multi angle view of injectors for people who want more visual...

Might be 6.5 natural aspirated nozzles. Less fuel, but I can't imagine how you get 25 more HP with less fuel, if that is the case????

Sounds like snake oil to me.

I just put in rebuilt injectors about a month ago and my mpg's went from 13 to 17 mpgs. If my math is correct that is about 24% gain. The fuel economy gain is due to new injectors not the type of injectors. Replacing dirty with clean.

That kind of claim suggests that these new injectors, replacing OTHER new injectors, could give a 25% mileage gain..

bull<cough>shit

bull<cough>shit

I could be here all day listing all of SSD's aftermarket "upgrades" that applies to.

Don't get me wrong, SSD is a good company, and Walt seems to know what he's talking about, but, most of the claims on their aftermarket products are, unfortunatly, BS, and occasionally true, but misleading, as in this case. I'll admit we've gotten several prducts from SSD, all but one being OEM (or equal) replacement parts. The one upgrade, the Instant Heat glow plugs. Guess what, they aren't quite as good as the website made them sound. What about their FSD Heat-Sync? 40 and 80 Horse chips? Over 300 horses with all SSD's upgrades? Well, you get my point.

Like I said, great company, and Walt is very helpful and informative, if it weren't for his site, my truck probably wouldn't be running right now, but, I'm not going to go to him for anything other than factory replacement parts. And, if it weren't for the fact that we got my truck going with information and parts from their site, I would probably not buy anything from SSD simply because they belittle other's products to make their own sound superior.

I have to x2 RC. Walt is good for getting OEM parts other guys don't have like those stpuid little screens for the Fuel manager and stuff like that but he is a snake oil salesman. The only way you'll see a substantial increase in fuel mileage with new injectors is if your old ones were shot.
These trucks get what they get. Most you can get is 1-2 MPG more with opening exhuast and getting it running sweet.

Back