• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Guy - Phanten

Phanten

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Truck Guys,

'95 K3500 dually, crew cab, 6.5TD, NV4500. Bought her in '07, took me a year to find her given the configuration. Cheyenne version so bench seat, rubber floor mat, no power windows/locks. Paint is showing its age, so I'm not likely to post up a pic. Maybe in a few years I'll look into some fresh paint. A flatbed will replace the factory box before that happens.

Currently looking for donor trucks for factory bucket seats, center console, and power windows/locks. If you have a bench seat, then you know how it feels to want for a center console. A previous owner put in an alarm system, which I do not like, but it came with keyless entry. Recently one of the lock solenoids died. Instead of digging it out and trying to find a replacement, I intend to swap in factory keyless entry and power windows. I've found a how-to walk-through on the web, so it is doable.

Before the creature comforts, I need to rebuild the front suspension. While I'm tearing it apart, I'm going to swap in the GMT800 front brakes for a much wanted brake upgrade. I found the how-to on this web site and I'm looking to revive it. Hopefully I can contribute to the how-to. I'm hoping the authors of that forum thread are still active on here. I would love to hear if they still have their trucks and if so how the brake swap is still working for them years later. The thread seemed to just go silent, so getting some closure/feedback would be great.

The square body Chevy truck is hot now, prices keep going up and up. The GMT400 is in line to become the next hot ticket. The 3/4 and 1 ton trucks are already going up in price as 'affordable' work trucks. It's a great time to be a GMT400 owner.

Thanks.

"...and I'm looking to revive it."

HA! Just looked at the end of the thread, first time in about six months or more. I see someone posted up as recently as June.

Welcome to The Truck Stop, Phanten.

Go ahead and post pictures, there is no such thing as an ugly or bad looking GM Truck, no matter how the paint or body looks. Dents and paint issues just add character....

Welcome to The Truck Stop! Post em up, not a judgemental eye on the site. While you're at it, you could start a project thread or do individual sub forums. Plenty of experience here and we act like grown ups.

Welcome! Post the pics! Trust me some of our riggs are not in the greatest shape.. that's the beauty of this forum is we're all here to help each other give each other advice and help each other keep these things running...and believe me I'm in upstate New York so mother nature has kicked the crap out of my truck.
I'm interested to see about the brakes because I've had so many brake issues with mine in the past 6 months it's not funny.. especially with the hydroboost system

Back