• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New ECM questions

North Maine

Merchant Mariner
Reaction score
I've tried the search function and I couldn't really figure this out... it can't be this simple otherwise everyone would be doing it, but I wanna ask...

If I get another ECM programmed by Nick at duramaxtuner.com or do my own EFI Live tuning to remove my DPF and run a very mild tune, can i return everything to stock and role into a dealership without raising eyebrows? I know the regens will not add up to the milage, but to be honest I'm not sure how many techs are really going to look that hard at the numbers on a truck that looks completely stock. I don't really want more power, I just want a few more MPGs and a nice large diameter exhaust with some good sound.

It's not the techs you have to worry about....if the truck needs any major work, the tech has to take a screen shot of the Tech 2 and send it to GM, that's what you have to worry about. Still though, that will be your best bet in trying to keep warranty.

I've tried the search function and I couldn't really figure this out... it can't be this simple otherwise everyone would be doing it, but I wanna ask...

If I get another ECM programmed by Nick at duramaxtuner.com or do my own EFI Live tuning to remove my DPF and run a very mild tune, can i return everything to stock and role into a dealership without raising eyebrows? I know the regens will not add up to the milage, but to be honest I'm not sure how many techs are really going to look that hard at the numbers on a truck that looks completely stock. I don't really want more power, I just want a few more MPGs and a nice large diameter exhaust with some good sound.

I would actually buy the software and have everything in hand a get a tuner to dial it in for you. You can have complete control over and if you ever get and engine codes you can read/clear them yourself.

I can set you up with a spare ecm, DPF Delete, EGR disabled, Speed Limiter Gone.

Lemme Know.

You don't need EFI-Live either, the ecm comes pre-programmed for your truck. You will need a loaner V2 to program the glow plug module but that can be arranged as well.

Tony

Back