• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New clutch for nv4500

The pictures look pretty good of the stage3. I have no idea other than looks but the center section and disc appears to look tougher than OE I think. If its an accurate photo and not representative.?. The other models look like normal replacement models you can get anywhere.

I like that they used the bronze bushing in the kit. I am not a fan of the needle bearing for a pilot bearing. I like the idea of a Kevlar bearing too but don't know how they are holding up for the 6.5. ???

Keep us posted as to what you do and how it works out.

The pictures look pretty good of the stage3. I have no idea other than looks but the center section and disc appears to look tougher than OE I think. If its an accurate photo and not representative.?. The other models look like normal replacement models you can get anywhere.

I like that they used the bronze bushing in the kit. I am not a fan of the needle bearing for a pilot bearing. I like the idea of a Kevlar bearing too but don't know how they are holding up for the 6.5. ???

Keep us posted as to what you do and how it works out.

What I have found with hard plastic bearings is they wear out the metal. I would go brass.

Lots of farm equipment used wood blocks as a bearing surface and they worked great, they switched some to a plastic and the shafts wore out rather quickly.

Ill be ordering it probably sometime next week and trying to put it in within the next two weeks. Ill keep you guys updated

Any updates? I am clutch shopping.

Heard of a shop called LAycook in Memphis that will build a custom/rig specific clutch for <$500.

Back