• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Bully On The Block...

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
The BMW 135i is the Quickest Jelly Bean with 4 Wheels I've Seen in a while.

These things are about the Size of a Mini Cooper, 332hp Twin Turbo I6 Motor. The Auto's are a good Amount Faster than the Manuals, because they Hold the Boost between Shifts.

They are also Faster than the New V8 M3, the M6, M5, C63 Mercedes. The Audi R8 only gets about a Car to Car 1/2 on a 40-130mph Highway Run.

With only a Chip, Intake, and Turbo-Back Exhaust (Total Cost, less than $2k), these things are Running High 11's.

New, pretty much Fully Loaded, they are about $43k, BUT...as with pretty much ALL Luxury Performance Vehicles, Resale SUCKS. You can get them Used, under 20k Miles, Fully Loaded, in the Low to Mid $20k's.

So if you See a BMW that's about the Size of a Mini, and they wanna Play, be careful. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Good to know..

The easy fix to that is to make YOUR OWN faster. ):h

Here's one that Shows the Lag on the 6-Speeds. You can See it Pulling the Porsche, but every time they Shift, they Lose about 1/2 Car, but Gain it back one the Turbo's are Fully Spooled again, then Lose it, Gain it, ect...

With the Auto (Paddle Shifter) you can Stay in it the whole Time, and keep Boosting and Pulling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii6X3RTRF8k

Thats very impressive.

Of course, a good set of twins or a bigger single and we're set on our trucks for Mid 11's.

Thats very impressive.

Of course, a good set of twins or a bigger single and we're set on our trucks for Mid 11's.

But you're going to have to Add Accompanying "Parts" to Support Twins or a Big Single.

Head Studs, Injectors, prob. Dual Fueler...right? Then like I said, you'll be goin into the Motor or on very Borrowed Time.

But you're going to have to Add Accompanying "Parts" to Support Twins or a Big Single.

Head Studs, Injectors, prob. Dual Fueler...right? Then like I said, you'll be goin into the Motor or on very Borrowed Time.

Pistons is a guess. They can go just like we set right now.. :eek:

But, you can easily take a LBZ with twins on a single CP3 in the 11.7 area. IdahoRob did it a few years ago.

Injectors make it easier and it's easier on the motor, but not necessary. About 50 PSI of boost it ok on stock head studs.

Pistons is a guess. They can go just like we set right now.. :eek:

But, you can easily take a LBZ with twins on a single CP3 in the 11.7 area. IdahoRob did it a few years ago.

Injectors make it easier and it's easier on the motor, but not necessary. About 50 PSI of boost it ok on stock head studs.

Oh good...about the Pistons. :sad:

And how hard is it to make a light little car fast? Evos and STIs get into that range pretty easily, and considerably cheaper. But none of them can tow very much;>

And how hard is it to make a light little car fast? Evos and STIs get into that range pretty easily, and considerably cheaper. But none of them can tow very much;>

That's because they are AWD...and have a GOOD AWD System that can take a Beating, and not Break.

Also, they are Cop Magnets. You're not gonna Buy an Evo or STi and Drive it "Normal".

The 135i is RWD, and Blends In with the other Cars on the Road.

That's because they are AWD...and have a GOOD AWD System that can take a Beating, and not Break.

Also, they are Cop Magnets. You're not gonna Buy an Evo or STi and Drive it "Normal".

The 135i is RWD, and Blends In with the other Cars on the Road.

doesn't blend in with that stupid carbon fiber hood;> I love how people will spend a ton of money on a hood, then they won't paint it to match because then no one will know they spent a ton of money on a hood. As if factory hoods are made of cast iron and are weighing the car down. Factory hoods, especially on the ricer cars, weigh nearly nothing to begin with, they are made out of pepsi cans. So how much can you really save in weight by going to carbon fiber? I would say an insignificant amount, when you consider the money you waste on a hood could be spent under the hood to make it faster.
Around here all the ricers paint their hoods flat black so that from a distance they might fool somebody into thinking they shelled out for a carbon fiber hood.
Maybe on a full race vehicle, but it's definitely so far down on the list of must-do mods, they just make me chuckle.

Oh, and cop magnets are cars that are doing something wrong, not looking like they want to go fast. I might turn my head to watch an Evo or STI drive by, but they still have to do something wrong to get pulled over. At least where I'm from. Rarely see them acting up anyway, to be honest with you the biggest concern on the road is soccer moms in minivans. They are always flying because they are late, have too much on their plate and trying to make up too much time. Worst drivers on the road imo.

But See, you even Admitted, if you See and Evo or STi, you're gonna Look at it. Take away the Carbon Hood from the BMW, and it's just gonna be another Car on the Road, that you prob. won't even "Notice". :)

I wouldn't say looking at it makes it a cop magnet, I'm a car nut so I look at everything that doesn't look like a mommy car. Point I was trying to make is they have to do something wrong to get police attention, other than just a glance. Kind of like that old say that red cars get pulled over more. I think speeding cars get pulled over more than other cars, regardless of color.

Ive been running twins for around 25k with 0 internal motor mods and a stock cp3.Doin just dandy

Ive been running twins for around 25k with 0 internal motor mods and a stock cp3.Doin just dandy

Did you Add the Twins for their Towing Gain or Performance Gain?

If someone Adds Twins for their Towing Gain, then yea, you can prob. Run your Truck forever on Twins and not have a Problem.

But if you Add them for their Performance Gain, then you'll be on very Borrowed Time IMO.

Did you Add the Twins for their Towing Gain or Performance Gain?

If someone Adds Twins for their Towing Gain, then yea, you can prob. Run your Truck forever on Twins and not have a Problem.

But if you Add them for their Performance Gain, then you'll be on very Borrowed Time IMO.

Twins=both towing and performance gains.Mine are not maxed out tho.I think they are popping off at 47 lbs.The truck is plenty fast for me and tows like a champ.I dont rag it out by any means but I dont baby it either.

Yea, I know they both Add Towing & Performance Gains, but they can be Tuned or Built for what their Main Use is going to be.

...and with you being at 47lbs of Boost, I'd say you are being Conservative (using your Head) and you prob. won't have any Problems even if you Push your Truck a lil Hard.

Back