• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need Help

Jlambert2864

Reaction score
I own a 1994 6.5. K 2500. I’ve got several codes that come up,15,24,29,35,36,47,73,78,83,85,88. I replaced the injection recently and the truck ran great until check engine light comes on and goes into limp mode. I’m lost on where to start love the truck but hate all the problems any advise on how to fix the issues or a good place to start I would be very great full.

Yes I did. A lot of the codes went away. Still goes into limp mode. I’m down to 4 codes now. So hopefully I’m getting closer to figuring out what’s going on. Thanks for the advice.

I’ll pull the codes again this evening and let everyone know what codes are still there. You had it correct about throw money at it lol

So I’ve pulled the codes and I have 6 codes three of them are transmission codes 73,85,86. The other codes are 15,47,78. The code 47 is Intake air temperature sensor circuit low (temp high) I changed that sensor and I believe that problem still exists. My main concern is which one would be causing limp mode.

I believe, but dont inow for sure, it seems from reading a lot of posts is that most any transmission code will trip the limp mode.
I was getting some of the circuit lows in some Turbo problem codes of My truck. After I disconnected every engine harness connector at the back of the engine, laid across a 2X6 laid on top of blocks atop of the batteries and, cleaned every terminal with a dental file the low codes went away. Must have been some corrosion in one or more of the terminals.

Back