• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need help identifying the year of my grill on my 93 chevy

Bitoric

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here and this is my main reason for joining this site. I bought this truck with the grill/headlights it has now, I dont know much about chevy trucks but i do know that my 93 chevy has a non stock front grill with headlights from a different year truck the 4 sealed headlights instead of replacable bulbs.. which do look great but will look much better when i can figure out the year of my grill so i can order new lenses/covers for my marker lights. ill include a couple pics and hopefully someone knowledgeable about these gmt400 trucks will know the years i should be searching while looking for compatible parts.20200118_102933.jpg

88-89 sealed beam headlight assemblies (LMC has replacement lenses that accomodate drop-in bulbs). All GMT-400 core supports are the same in light duty, the work truck 5x7 bucket plops in or 4 bolts are used to bolt the composite or dual sealed beam assembly on, such as you have. All of the grilles have the step in them for the staggered light arrangement as you see. That grille specifically would've required minor trimming on the backside to fit over the 88-89 assemblies. GMC grilles do not require trimming.

Grille is 1994+. The grille, lower filler, and inner bumper brackets all need to change for that to work. If your bumper is squishing your filler panel then you'll need inner brackets. 88-93 front the bumper is 1" or so closer to grille than 94+.

Back