• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Nedgt participant murdered

ctgmcduramax

Northeast Diesel GTG
Reaction score
I’ve put off posting this for awhile, but its been nagging my mind, and a recent newsletter from Diesel Place put the “human side” to these diesel forums.

Mike Drew, was MURDERED by an Islamic neighbor in Springfield, Mass with an unregistered shotgun Sunday Oct 24th. He died during surgery. The neighbor broke into Mike’s apt and shot him after a minor auto fender bender.

All who have attended the Northeast Diesel Get Togethers and Meet and Greets
interacted with Mike even if you never met him .

Mike had a major influence on the events - from its beginning Mike supported NEDGT with many 100s of hours of hard mind work and weekend discussions on the phone or in person with me ironing out event and website details.

Mike built the NEDGT website from the ground up, including all the graphics, logos, banners, interactive sign up, various yearly postcards and other print and physical signs. Without Mike in the background, and his attendance as support crew at the many years of NEDGT the event might not have ever happened.

Mike was my friend, best buddy, and significant other for over 16 years. Many thought we were brothers. Although we went our separate ways in 2009 when Mike converted to Islam he remained in my thoughts and my Love every day.

Mike, Thank You. You are missed very much by everybody you touched !

Back