• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

NBS Woes

DuraRaj

Reaction score
I'll be posting the problems that I've had with my New Truck. In no way this is meant to slam this fine truck.

My first problem was when I just took it home from the dealer. I was noticing this growling/rubbing noise coming from the steering. Took it to the dealer, they could not find the problem. Or replicate the noises.

Then several weeks later my glowplug module went out. Took it to the dealer,
they found out why the module was out. The Intermidiate Steering Shaft was bent like an elbow rubbing against the block and cut the glowplug wire. They warranty the ISS and Glowplug module. They could not figure out how the ISS got bent. Must have been from factory assemly.

View attachment 21

View attachment 22

Wow..

ISS has gave alot of owners troubles..

your dealers must of been stupid the second i read that you had a grumble in the steering wheel i knew it was the iss. At least everything is fixed and working.

Yeah, they think it's a bad gauge cluster, they ordered a replacement. Maybe, they can sneak in a Denalli Gauge Clusters...LOL

Not to be the criticist here, but your dealer doesnt seem like one of the better ones, but thats just based off of what ive seen here.

Not to be the criticist here, but your dealer doesnt seem like one of the better ones, but thats just based off of what ive seen here.

Yeah! but I don't have many choices here. Anyways, atleast they're very nice and they let me get away w/ my mods. Also, now I try to do my own minor fixes. Only if I can get my hands on a Tech II...;)

Just FYI, I've got an LMM and the glowplug light doesn't come on AT ALL unless it's been sitting for hours under 50*. I only see it for a split second if it's been chilly out the night before. My 02 used to come on every time I turned the key on - cold or hot. Just a thought. Does it not come on at ALL??

Just FYI, I've got an LMM and the glowplug light doesn't come on AT ALL unless it's been sitting for hours under 50*. I only see it for a split second if it's been chilly out the night before. My 02 used to come on every time I turned the key on - cold or hot. Just a thought. Does it not come on at ALL??

When I first got the truck, it came on everytime. But when the glowplug module wire got cut, and the dealer fixed it, it never came back on.

Now it only comes on when it gets to about 60*F or colder, which I suppose is alright.

That sounds about right. If the circuit was screwed up before, it may have thought it needed to glow more...or it didn't know what the hell was going on! below 60* sounds right to me.

When I first got the truck, it came on everytime. But when the glowplug module wire got cut, and the dealer fixed it, it never came back on.

Now it only comes on when it gets to about 60*F or colder, which I suppose is alright.

As Tom said, that's about right. During the summer months in WI I have gone a couple of weeks without seeing mine come on.

Back