• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

N/A injectors for more power??

saturntech95

Reaction score
This guy on ebay claims this?? Anny truth cause it sounds like :shiiiiiite: to me.

Here is what he said:
nozzle is a 304 bar is 126 they are primarily used in normally aspirated engines however some power junkies put these in the turbo models to reach max hp quicker on the turbo injector the operation is slower these Delphi NA injectors reach max output quicker delivering the max fuel for better response

Try to get a clear picture of the tip,Hopefully I can see which pintle design you have.

Do you have the delphi part number? I was looking at injectors for n/a also. Very cheap but large quanity[40] The delphi number for the ones I was looking at is:6702802FYT.Seller said they were 6.5n/a military. I couldn't find any delphi spec sheet to compare to turbo injectors.

I can't tell from the picture,its hard to see even in real life. You really should take one apart. Is there a tip sticking out of the nozzle,if its flush it would be marine.

For what it's worth, I noticed no difference in power when i went from 6.5TD set injectors to 6.2NA injectors in my blazer. I noticed less smoke since the 6.5TD injectors were well worn and had lots of miles on them.

2910-01-379-3752

cage number is 63632

These come up as being for a 6.5 NA. Not a big deal, they will work just fine with a turbo. I have NA injectors in the truck in my sig and it runs great.

63632 is the CAGE code for Delphi.

I thought the cage number was for the parts grouping, look up the cage to find all the other parts that go with it?.... but I have been out of the airforce since 97 and I was an MP in the army so i didn't deal with that stuff......

I am surprised I recognized that number as an NSN becuase it doesn't say NSN

CAGE_CODE

Description: COMMERCIAL AND GOVERNMENT ENTITY (CAGE) CODE: A FIVE POSITION ALPHANUMERIC CODE ASSIGNED TO COMPANIES WHICH EITHER FABRICATE ITEMS OF PRODUCTION AND/OR HAVE DESIGN CONTROL OF ITEMS PROCURED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

In other words.... the manufactuer of the part.

It wont be more power for sure. Thats a bullcrap claim.

Only difference between turbo and N/A that I'm aware of is pop pressure. about 1850psi for N/A and 2150psi for turbo. The higher pop is because the turbo trucks were set up to output more fuel, so with a higher pop it would get some more atomization for better start of combustion to end up more complete combustion with more fuel.

Either way the same amount of fuel is going to get pushed through unless the nozzle/orifice is larger. Because peak line pressure is not dependent on pop pressure.

So idle may be smoother with N/A injectors, but when you get a reflash to output max fuel you might not get as much comlete combustion under hard acceleration or high rpm load.

Back