• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Recent D-Max Upgrades!

Tow Master

Reaction score
Hey all!

Well I have been gettin the bug to upgrade again so check out what I did!

This past weekend the body shop guy at the shop I work at helped me paint some interior peaces. I removed everything and tapped the window switches off and the instrument cluster (which was a pain! took over 2 hours) then scuffed everything down and painted! At first it was suppose to be a light silver but it looked gold. Then we changed to a light charcoal. Its actually kinda cool. After we cleared it it came out with a bluish tint to it. Looks pretty cool!

HPIM1251.jpg

HPIM1253.jpg

Radio surround
HPIM1257.jpg

Center console compartments and cup holder tray
HPIM1258.jpg

Gray around cluster and light switches
HPIM1259.jpg

Front speaker grille and switch
HPIM1260.jpg

Rear speaker grille and switch
HPIM1261.jpg

About a month ago we tried to put the "true flames" on the tailgate. They look cool but I think a little to "neat". Might redo them and make them messier.

HPIM1185.jpg

Mods...... Not sure if this (sticker) is allowed so if ya gotta delete it go for it! :rolleyes5:
HPIM1270-1.jpg

The pics don't do it much justice as I can see that the colors do change with the light-kinda cool.Is it difficult to remove all the stuff and get it back on tight again?I always have the problem with it not fitting correctly when I re-assemble lol those worthless door panel clips are the worse!

I like it a lot. Very nice job. A very nice subtle difference in color between the factory grey and what you painted everything else. I really like how the color looks in the picture of the cup holders and cubby holes.

Hey thanks guys!! :cheers2:

Ya It does kinda look camilian when you actually look at it. We just used left over paint from painting another car. Originally I thought it was more silver like the outside but it turned out that cool lookin blue! :thumbsup:

No the parts werent hard to get on good again. The only part that gave me any problems was removing the 2 cigarett plugs from th center column. The dash cluster cover and 2 cubbie holes and center tray just popped off. The door panels only have 3 screws in then the panel easily comes off. 2 screws for the window switch and there are some tabs to unbend to remove the speaker cover. Wasnt to bad. The firts time sucks but I could probably have it off again in 15 minutes! :D

Back