• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My problem with AEM and how S&B Filters solved it.

66FLH

"The Big Kahuna"
Reaction score
I called AEM a couple of weeks ago because I had a concern that that their dry filter wasn't flowing enough air for me.I told the guy that my truck seemed down a bit on power since I had put their intake and filter on.He told me that was impossible!:incazzato:(Truck smoked a bunch more but ran worse!)I asked if they had an updated or larger filter that I could get and he quickly replied that I'd have to purchase a whole new system from them and sounded kinda rude.I hung up!
I saw an add for S&B in Diesel Power and decided to give them a call.I ended up talking to a guy named Jay and he couldn't do enough to help me.He hooked me up with a fair deal and guaranteed that I'd be happy with their product.I received it after a minor shipping mix up and installed it after work yesterday.WOW!What a quality looking setup and it took about 15 min. to install.I drove around 60 mi. immediately after the install and even noticed a good seat of the pants power gain.Not as much smoke either!;)
Thanks again Jay,I'll post up some pics tonight.
Oh and by the way,I have no affiliation with S&B,I just wanted to pass on a good thing and say that I highly recommend S&B filters.
Cant say the same about AEM!:nono:

Last edited:
I'm also running an S&B system. I have no complaints. They do make quality products.

I seem to be getting a couple miles per gallon better too.It doesn't whistle quite as loud but on a scale of 1-10,over all it's a 10 compared to about a 5 for the AEM!:D

Looking at the AEM's, I always thought they were kinda cheezy. I don tknow why. Those are the kits with the aluminum tubes right? The filter to me looked cheap.

I wanted to go back to an Airaid or the Bully Dog that I have had on my past trucks, but with every good story I hear about the S&B Intakes, I have decided that is the way I will go. Should be getting mine soon.

Looking at the AEM's, I always thought they were kinda cheezy. I don tknow why. Those are the kits with the aluminum tubes right? The filter to me looked cheap.
YUP!
Heres a few pics!:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 35
I like the look (and price) of the S&B more than the others. Has anyone that's used it seen a decrease in intake temps? Right now with 90-95* ambient temps, I'm seeing 125-150* intake temps cruisning on the highway, depending on the amount of boost. It'll go up to 150* quickly when stopped at a light for example.

I like the look (and price) of the S&B more than the others. Has anyone that's used it seen a decrease in intake temps? Right now with 90-95* ambient temps, I'm seeing 125-150* intake temps cruisning on the highway, depending on the amount of boost. It'll go up to 150* quickly when stopped at a light for example.
I'll see if I can check it out.It's not that hot around here right now,but it's coming!

Back