• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new motor

durallymax

Reaction score
Well after a 15 hour round trip to St. Joseph Diesel I now have me new project motor.

However there are some very intersting things about it I guess.

The Injector hold downs are a thick piece of CNC machined Billet. The CP3 is machined from a piece of Billet, the valvecovers are a lot thicker than stock as well. Also the guys as SJD could not find any numbers cast into it.

I purchased it without the injectors but I think I am going to buy them anyways. The guys started looking at them closer and today when I talked to them they found out the injectors look to be machined out of billet steel as well.

I will get some pics up when I get home and plan to rip the heads off tonite. Maybe ill find some billet rods too.

heres some pics i took.

my shelves are now full of dmax parts as they kind of cleaned out from under there benches while i was there and kept giving me stuff

tearing the bottom end out soon. My engine stand is here.

But the suncoast just showed up for the other truck so that is my first priority

well its down to a bare block amd everything is is tagged and up on the shelves.

The heads are going back on for mock up of the new turbo but its most likely going to sit for awhile.

Back