• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My baby is sick

would have been worth it to go to Merchants...$3400(+$500 for head studs) is what he quoted me if my warranty would not have covered it...

35 hrs?

they(MA) had the engine out on a stand inspecting the head gaskets in 4 hours!

when the warranty co. gave them the green light they put it back together and had it back in the truck and running in 5 hrs...

glad to hear you're running again though...I still haven't diagnosed mine yet...I'm betting injector cup seals...

Dang, Pepper wasn't that a long ride to Indy from Louisanna? The fuel cost alone must have been 1000.00, then the 3400.00 + 500.00 Wow!
Need an assistant with the job you have?
Steve

I am just going to chime in here, but in my experience, when it comes to the duramax engine, no matter what the model is I would not take it to a dealer to get it fixed... Unless the dealer can show the certification of the Mechanics that will be doing the work, My dually is in the dealers' shop right now for a pretty simple Tranny fix, but I know the mech personally, he is good with trannies, but does not know much at all about the D-max engines. As far as replacing the studs, if you are going to do it, I would take the time to take it to a diesel shop that is certified with the D-max, and then have it all done, ARP studs, and good Gaskets, Etc... Spend more to start with and save in the long run.... but like said before, doing the tonguing right the first time means a lot...

Back