• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

MPG Report

RYDNHI4X4

Halt Halt Or I'll Release My Dog
Reaction score
To a short from Watertown, NY to Fairport, NY.

I filled up in Watertown drove straight to Fairport and back the same way. Went straight to the same Gas Station and filled up again. Using the 120 tune on my Predator I got 22.97MPG. Round trip was roughly 240 miles.

This trip was all hand calculated. The MPG could be off by a little since there is no way of telling if I filled the tank up to the same exact spot both times, but I was pretty damned pleased to see apx. 23mpg running the 120 tune and having 285 75r16 tires. Average mph was apx. 70mph.

I know fuel is pretty high in cost, but to get 23mpg out of an apx. 7000lb truck is pretty damn good in my books.

Very good mileage indeed!
I need to get a programmer because I drive the truck like grandpa 99% of the time since getting the bike. The urge hurry through traffic with a 3 mile long truck after getting used to a motorcycle again just isn't there anymore. Anything I can do to help extend the liquid gold mileage. Best I've managed stock with 265's is ~21.2 hand calced, all highway.

What kind of EGT's were you seeing during this trip and what tune were you using prior.

At 70mph I usually see 650-700 degrees on flat surface road and the air temp. was apx. 70 degrees. I pretty much leave my truck tuned with the 120 tune unless I am towing of course. That was all highway. In the city still driving with the 120 tune I get roughly 16-17mpg.

Back