• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

more boost

03whitechrome

03whitechrome
Reaction score
i was worndering if anyone knows how to make more boost with the stock turbo.. i going to upgrade the turbo but for now i want to make around 32psi.. im only making 24 and i cant figure it out.. i have the boost valve and efi tuning but still only 24 does anyone know how to make more without block the waist gate.. i blocked mine and i made 40 psi and let off it was still climing and i didnt want o brake it lol... please help

hmm make sure you have your boost guage tapped on the correct side of the valve.if you have the valve before the guage tubing you will not see the correct boost because its fooling the waste gate into only seeing stock boost. try flopping the guage and valve around.

i have a superboost manifold fron socal that is were my boost gauge is taped to.. its not in the wastgate hose...

Tuning has everything to do with how much boost your making as well. I was making 34-35psi on my stocker running a very agressive tune.

im running a very agressive tune i have also ran a ppe hot++ on level10 and no difference in boost.. i have reran the boost gauge line to make sure it wasnt kinked and now i have a rubber vacum line from port to gauge but it only gained 1 psi i can hit 22 not instead of 21

hmmm well I would think that a ppe hot plus 2 would allow enough fuel for more boost. something sounds off. I must ponder this. perhaps a boost leak? a loose connection somewhere?

you can also get some soapy water and have som,ebody rev the truck while you spray the connections and IC. Best to have the IC pressure teste4d if needed though.

Remember to have him continually rev the truck so that it somewhat makes some boost.

or cap both ends and put an air fitting in one cap and pressurise it. you can do the whole system too if you pop the tube off at the turbo and the one off at the motor. then pressurise all the pipes at once with an air compressor

Actually what i would do is get two plugs that fit inside the CAC boots and clamp them. Cant remember the ID of the boots. Then in one drill a hole and put a valve stem in it. This way you can check the pressure with a tire gauge as an air compressor can run as high as 120psi. You really only need to bring it to about 20psi to find leaks with soapy water or by ear.

Back