• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Monday computer crash?

orrum

Reaction score
So my dad calls me to warn that on CNN Friday the FBI warned of a virus attack that they had been fighting n the battle was lost they could not contain it any longer an its schedulled to go crazy Monday! The FBI warned to not go on the internet Monday! Dads not real good with a computer but he gets by and he swears thats what CNN reported.

I believe this is what the worry is all about.

The FBI is warning computer users that they might lose Internet access next week if their computer is carrying a virus that was spread by a fraud ring and dismantled last year.
Back in November, the FBI set up temporary clean servers for those affected by the virus, but they're cutting that service off on Monday (July 9th). An estimated 45,619 computers in the U.S. are still infected, down from an estimated peak of 175,365.
To see if you're infected and to learn how to strip your computer of the virus, visit [url]www.dcwg.org[/URL].

Back