• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Modis

I have the modis and the matco scanner along with auto enginuity. If you just looking to scan your own truck look at the AE for cost and function. If your looking to use on a daily basis the Matco is my preference, but the modis does a nice job also, but expensive

How is the Modis/Matco as far as bi directional functionality with OBDII 6.5s ? IIRC the MT2500 had issues with false timing and couldn't command relearn. Never tried it only heard it. was looking at the AE myself.

We have a modis at our shop and no one likes it at all. I dont work on cars mutch but I use it to clear SES lights etc. Its pretty complicated and our breaks usually once every 6 months. We where lookin into the scanners that MAC makes and they ar nice.

If you want to work on a 6.5 alot with it Id get a tech I. We tried to diagnose my truck and set the timing on the injection pump. It could see the timing ti do it manualy but supposidly the old tech I has a option to reset the injection pump electronicaly.

How is the Modis/Matco as far as bi directional functionality with OBDII 6.5s ? IIRC the MT2500 had issues with false timing and couldn't command relearn. Never tried it only heard it. was looking at the AE myself.

We have a modis at our shop and no one likes it at all. I dont work on cars mutch but I use it to clear SES lights etc. Its pretty complicated and our breaks usually once every 6 months. We where lookin into the scanners that MAC makes and they ar nice.

If you want to work on a 6.5 alot with it Id get a tech I. We tried to diagnose my truck and set the timing on the injection pump. It could see the timing ti do it manualy but supposidly the old tech I has a option to reset the injection pump electronicaly.

Tech 1 only works on 94-95. Tech 2 works on both. AE is the way to go for 96+ I have GMTDscan for my 95. I like it. Downside to GMTDScan, it's useless for anyhting but a 94-95 6.5 and it only does engine ,no ABS.
For the money it cost though it's a must for a 94-95 6.5 owner. a monkey could use it. Very user freindly.

my modis has also had to be repaired a few times. To me for what your looking to do an AE would work great and be much less expensive.

I don't have AE Yet... but from what I read it can also be upgraded to work on other vehichles ie:
I could buy the expansion module to use it on my wifes honda.
That's a nice option.

I don't have AE Yet... but from what I read it can also be upgraded to work on other vehichles ie:
I could buy the expansion module to use it on my wifes honda.
That's a nice option.

Yes that is correct. All you have to buy is the correct package. It will work on most vehicles. But may not have some of the functions needed on pre 95 vehicles

Only reason i'm asking is because my Tech II connection is gone, but another friend has a modis and was wondering if it had the same bidirectional deal as the Tech.

Louis

Back