• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF alright to use in Allison

12ga diesel

Jack of all, Master of none
Reaction score
Last edited:
I know the Mobil Delvac Synthetic ATF meets Allison TES-295. Pretty sure this stuff does not, and comparing the datasheets between the two, the numbers are different.

Last edited:
it says for use on the 06 and newer gm, also replaces the dexron3, but it does not say tes certified. i would not use it. just go and get the stuff from allison. transynd iirc.

X2 on the transynd. just find a local allison dealer or get it online. Your trans will thank you. You gett longer change intervals, that alone should tell you how good it is and the trans likes it. SOTP says it shifts smoother.

I believe Mike L recomends the Mobil fluid. Non synthetic although.

X2 on the transynd. just find a local allison dealer or get it online. Your trans will thank you. You gett longer change intervals, that alone should tell you how good it is and the trans likes it. SOTP says it shifts smoother.

There is a dealer that is on my way to and from work that I can pick up a new spin on filter and I'm sure I can get the transynd there too. With using the transynd, what is the longer change intervals?

There is a dealer that is on my way to and from work that I can pick up a new spin on filter and I'm sure I can get the transynd there too. With using the transynd, what is the longer change intervals?

You'll probably never have to change it again. :D

The misconception here is Allison's maintenance on this transmission far exceeds the 'normal' daily driver that we own.

These transmissions are in severe duty applications. Far from what we use them for. Normal Allison recommendation is 25K on fluid and most likely double that with Trysnd.

Spin on changes are important done at 5k in travels.

Here is the link to the page of the Mobil1 I wanted to use in my Allison.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Other_Products/Mobil_1_Synthetic_ATF.aspx

It says that it is recommended for Allison C-4 and Caterpillar TO-2 applications, so is that what I would be looking for for the Allison in the Silverados? Thanks for any imput and sorry for the rookie question.
NO - Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF is NOT certified for use in Allison 1000 transmission.

You need Mobil Delvac Synthetic ATF for the Allison 1000.

I know the Mobil Delvac Synthetic ATF meets Allison TES-295. Pretty sure this stuff does not, and comparing the datasheets between the two, the numbers are different.
Exactly.

Do a Google search for AV Lubricants in Groveport, OH. They sell the Mobil Delvac Synthetic ATF which IS TES-295 certified.

Mobil 1 is an excellent synthetic fluid for the Alli. It is a Dex 3/ Mercon blend will will work in most any trans and do very well.

Mobil 1 is an excellent synthetic fluid for the Alli. It is a Dex 3/ Mercon blend will will work in most any trans and do very well.

That's what I thought Mike you have said,thank you for clearing that up.

Anywhere online to buy Mobil Delvac Synthetic ATF? Farm & Fleet doesn't carry it.
It doesn't have to be Delvac... as Mike stated "Mobil 1 synthetic atf is dex III Mercon approved..." and will satisfy the Allison requirements...

that said...I use Castrol Transynd

Last edited:
Anywhere online to buy Mobil Delvac Synthetic ATF? Farm & Fleet doesn't carry it.

Freights gonna kill you. Look for a Mobil distributer in your area.

http://avlube.com/
Exactly. You may find a good price on line, but ATF is considered a combustible fluid and requires stricter handling procedures, so it's more expensive to ship.

Check your local GM Medium Duty Truck dealers. Most of them are Allison authorized repair centers and usually sell the TranSynd synthetic fluid. I have found Medium Duty dealers are usually more reasonable with their prices compared to their Light Duty counterparts.

Back