• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mobil 1 in nv4500?

Pull the lever? You mean the shifter? Seen it done a long time ago and was gonna go off of vague memories, I am pulling one this weekend if all goes as planned I will get back to you on that!

I just got off the phone with Amsoil tech service and they assured me that the Amsoil MTG oil could be used in most all other gear oil applications as well.

my boss ran it, dumped it all out within 100 miles. it is not approved or ok to use. maybe if it was rebuilt with aftermarket brass synchros I would give it a try.

Castrol Syntorq LT (not castrol Syntec, also different) is what you need. you wont find it branded as castrol (unless purchased in no less than a 16 gallon barrel IIRC) you will find it in 1 qt bottles at your local dodge or GM dealer.

12346190 is the GM part number.
4874459 is the dodge part number

you can also run Amsoil Synthetic Manual Transmission and Transaxle Gear Lube, stock number MTGQT it was designed to meet NV4500 specs, and is the only aftermarket oil that I would ever consider using in an NV4500. plus, a few site vendors sell it, or you can buy it through amsoil, and use their reference number to help them out.

I havent done a full change yet, but I am using it to top off a few leakers, and I have noticed no difference in shifting or noise, so I would personally recommend it.

finally, if your GM dealer makes those recommendations, find a new one! there are two in our local town, and the one's shop foreman thinks E85 is 85 percent gasoline. needless to say, I do all my business with the other dealer. it is a shame though, I miss picking up GMC brochures. :)

yeah, if it can keep an NV4500 alive, I bet a 14 bolt wouldnt mind it one bit!

glad to see some activity from ya jeff! did she make it home ok?

Ford triton motors dream about growing up to become vortecs. If you want to experience a truly shitty motor, buy a Triton. no power, no fuel economy, short life, the list goes on and on.

Not to derail this very informative thread, but I have yet to run across a bigger POS than a Triton. Ever try and change spark plugs??? :mad2:

Wow what a mess. Borderline fiasco. Definitely resembles a clusterfck.

Did I mention POS?

Not to derail this very informative thread, but I have yet to run across a bigger POS than a Triton. Ever try and change spark plugs??? :mad2:

Wow what a mess. Borderline fiasco. Definitely resembles a clusterfck.

Did I mention POS?

LMAO! My dad has an 08 5.4 F250 and my stock turbo'd 6.5's walk (notice i didnt say run) circles around it even loaded. He can wind the piss out of it all day long and make me work to out pull him but with ~130K on his he has been through 3 sets of coils, 2 pass side manifolds, and 1 driver side (they warped from too high of heat until one nearly cracked in 1/2) BUT he would never trade it for another 6.0 ford EGR and injector eater.

Back