• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mega 51 project

MEGA 51

Reaction score
I built this truck from a 1951,53,54 Chevy and a 2011 Dodge Ram 6.7 Cummings diesel 3/4 ton 4x4 it has all the amenities including the ice chest in the rear floorboards like the newer trucks ,I welded two trucks together back to back so I could have suicide doors. I used a 54 chevy long bed . I welded the bed floor out of the 2011 bed and used the factory gooseneck so I could pull my 31' 5th Wheel trailer . It's also has the Jake Brake.3026.jpeg3027.jpeg3023.jpeg3029.jpeg

Did you have to install some sort of resistor to compensate for the LED HEADLAMPS so they don't interfere with electronics?
I'm not sure if you got my post mixed up with another. I have LED tail lights on one truck, I did have to use resisters to keep them from hyper blinking.

Good morning, as far as can remember, yes you'll need to install one on each blinker light. I remember having to do this on motorcycles converting them to run LED's. the other options are pulling the flasher and going with an electronic style flasher.

I was wondering if I need to do the same thing ,do you install them in line for each ight?
Just one for each side, I assume this is correct but I only have LED's on the back.
Good morning, as far as can remember, yes you'll need to install one on each blinker light. I remember having to do this on motorcycles converting them to run LED's. the other options are pulling the flasher and going with an electronic style flasher.
I tried a couple of those and didn't have any luck, they may have had factory defects? So I went with the resistors

Some of the newer aftermarket replacement LED marker/stop/blinker lights have a resistor built into them to be compatible with the newer data-link type wiring used by some manufacturers.

Back