• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

May need a clutch

DieselCash

Trust but, verify
Staff member
Reaction score
What is a good online source for a good clutch for my truck? Mine may be going out. I will find out shortly if it is bad or not. When I have more info I will post here.

As of right now all I know is the truck is making funny noises and my brother thinks it is the clutch. It could be since I have no idea how old the clutch is.

Thanks,

Summit was the best place I found to get the Zoom Performance setup. Take the pilot bearing and toss it put in one of the old style solid pilot bearings.

south bend clutch offers some 6.5L clutch parts.

you can find quite a few offerings in Summit, such as Hayes or Zoom.

good luck!

Thanks for the responses, I will check both of those places out.

How many of yall hand shakers still run the duel mass set up?

What is so bad about dual mass?

I thaught dual mass was better, am I wrong?

My brother thinks it is just my throw out bearing. I guess I will see what I will do when I get home.

good luck!

(Im jealous btw of your truck, best years ever for the NV4500 and the 6.5L IMHO. i want to find something like that w/ SRW and 3.73s for a roadtrip vehicle.)

good luck!

(Im jealous btw of your truck, best years ever for the NV4500 and the 6.5L IMHO. i want to find something like that w/ SRW and 3.73s for a roadtrip vehicle.)

Thanks!

Let me know when you are in the market. I am good at finding stuff online. You will just have to let me know how far you want to drive.

thanks!

Also, try rockauto.com for stuff, they offer varying levels of price/quality so you can choose what you want.

(i seem to find what i want all the time online...it is just to far away! And I need to be saving $ for my current two! :biggrin: )

also, on the flywheel, doesn't 93 still have a single mass? if so, you are in luck!

I would imagine vibration reduction and driveability would improve a bit with the DMF, but the life advantages of the SMF outweight the smoothness advantages of the DMF...and, IIRC, the 6.5L spec NV4500 already comes with a damper on one of the trasmission shafts, so its not like it will shake it apart. :cool:

Well I am home and I have driven over three tanks of Diesel out of my truck and she is running great. I think my step brother is hearing things!

Thanks for all the reply's!

Back