• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Max towing- M1028 6.2?

It appears I've been out for a while.

We know have and have had since 2000 the M1114 HMMWV. It looks just like the 1025/1026 just it is armored.

We also have the ASV. The ASV is cool just a pain to get in and out of. If you Google image the ASV it will come up.

The M1114 is OK really heavy and under powered. The ASV can take a large hit and keep rolling. :thumbsup:

I have been hit in both and prefer the ASV! ):h

If you ever want a tour of one come and visit me at Hood!

I have 3 tours using the 1114's. The first time out with them they were X-M1114's. X for experimental. We worked the bugs out with Lockheed Martin mechanics that deployed with us. These were brand new 96 models. The 97's and 98's were decent trucks. Many though overheated alot so we'd constantly have to unplug that fan relay to keep it running constantly. We were going through rotors and pads about every 2 weeks. One of our trucks in particular weighed in at 12,700 lbs with a full combat load, not including 3 of us or any of us. Some had decent power for the weight of those things. I actually really liked that 6.5 and it sounded good I thought.

Back