• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

master cylinder reservior grommets '96 Suburban

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
I have been trying to find master cylinder reservior grommets for the 96 Suburban. I called every parts store and dealer within driving distance.
They all said they sell them with the reservior or worse with the master cylinder.
Any ideas where I can purchase just the grommets?

I moved this to the Drivetrain section. It will get much more exposure there. I'd take measurements on them and then search for gaskets or grommets in Google. All I found was the same thing you did... a whole reservior or master cyl.

fwiw a whole new master with grommets and reservoir is under 40 bucks. if the truck has a ton of miles on it, it may just be worth replacing the whole thing.

fwiw a whole new master with grommets and reservoir is under 40 bucks. if the truck has a ton of miles on it, it may just be worth replacing the whole thing.

Where did you get that price?
I was quoted $80 for the reservoir. And more for the master cylinder. I think this master cylinder has been replaced. It looks pretty new. I don't remember it off-hand but all the vehicles kind blur together anymore. My record keeping went south when I was traveling around and never home.

I don't have the grommets out yet. I was hoping to have new grommets before I took it apart. I thought the grommets would be easy to find. So much for thinking.
I did a lot of searching on Google and Yahoo and found a lot of master cylinder reservior grommets. But none for our vehivles.

Back