• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Making a few fuel system changes..

Cumminalong

Doghouse Diesel Performance
Reaction score
I figured I'd let you guys know what's going on with the Stealth BOMB'r right now. I never can leave well enough alone.....

I've been looking at my current fuel delivery system and I think I can make it a bit more efficient.

Right now there are the dual CP3's that run into the stock rail supply. To me this seems pretty restrictive as 2 pumps are trying to push in the same point.

What it looks like now is below:

Slide1-11.jpg

What I want to do is a dual feed setup like on a modified CP3 and feed it from the top and bottom of the rail. OEM pump to the bottom and the second pump to the top.

I'm also gonna do .093 diameter HP fuel lines and connector tubes when I do the bigger injectors. Right now I'm running 90 HP DDP nozzles, but I'm stepping those up to 200's.....gotta put the twin pumps and turbos to some kind of use. :thumbsup:

This is how I want to set it up:

Slide2-11.jpg

This should give a better supply to the rail and much faster recovery at full throttle.

Shouldn't be a hard mod to do, I just need to use the OEM HP fuel line to the bottom of the fuel rail and use a dual feed kit to run the line to the top and eliminate the limiting valve.

If I didn't have a rail pressure gauge I wouldn't want to do it, but I can monitor it and adjust my fuel pressure so I'm not too worried about it.

Also, I spoke to the tech rep at Bosch and was asking him about the pressure on the injectors. He said the stock injectors can handle 28K psi before you risk damaging them.

Some of the programmers out there can far exceed that and that's where you see cracked injectors. The highest I go with rail pressure is normally in the 24 - 25K psi range. You have to limit it there because it can spike to 27 -28k psi when you get off the throttle.

Right now, I'm trying a Dr Performance fuel rail cap to see if that holds a bit more pressure, but I still think I'm gonna dual feed the rail.

Back