• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

lucas oil additive

jackh

Reaction score
i was at oriellys and when i was checkin out the guy goes "is that your diesel out there?" i said yes and he said "this stuff is on sale, pour it directly into your gas tank, it will treat 25 gallons and it cleans your injectors. the low sulfur diesel we get these days is horrible for our engines, my powerstrokes in the shop and its gonna cost my 5 grand for new injectors. this stuff costs like $10 and will prevent it". i bought the stuff, thinkin id come home, read up on it and if it was bs just return it. so whats the deal with this stuff?

It only treats 25 gallons?? Most small bottles treat at least 50.

I dont know anything about lucas' additive but I know power service and Diesel Power additives are good.

However its completely up to you if you want to spend the money on them.

There are a ton of diesels out there, the majority dont run the additives and still last forever.

Also keep in mind you dont need to do it every fill up just every now and then.

good point. i cant really find on the label anything about how much it will treat. the guy just had two bottles on the counter and mentioned 25 gallons. idk if he meant each or both together. ill try to find out. i just pour it in the gas tank right, nothing special to do?

Lucas 32 oz. will treat 100 gallon. Know they sale all size containers.
Have one gallon and two quarts in garage now. I don't use Lucas all the time but use some brand each tank.[I think it is good insurance] Have 214,000 miles on 6.5 GMC Surbuban never a problem and pulled 30foot tavel trailer about 125,000 of those miles. The 6.6 about cries for it if fill up on the way home and don't have additive.
There is a difference in using any brand.

The Lucas additive was pretty highly rated in the study done at SOME other site;). I've only used the Power Service products though. I'm sure you'll be fine with it.

Back