• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

lost tachometer and speedometer at the same time, trans won't shift into high range.

Kawika75

Reaction score
I was driving around 35 and it felt like my transmission slipped my first thought was NOOOOO !@!@$%#$@% then I noticed no tach and no speedometer. the truck runs normal but starts rough after warm up was the only hitch this 7.4 vortec really had. new fuel pump, cleaned the tank while I had it out and I cleaned the fuel side as good as I could, vacuum flush, fuel treatment, plus new set of wires and plugs. two sources have pointed towards transmission output speed sensor. I've changed the sensor and nothing. I noticed another sensor at the top of transmission I was going to change that one to for the hell of it. then another person pointed towards the ignition control module. I put a new denso module in last summer. ideas?

Back