• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking into getting an LBZ

ls1dmax

Reaction score
Dont know where to post this, so I'll try here.
Alright guys, well I posted about a month ago that I was looking at getting a DMax. I really wanted an LBZ but the truck I was going to get was an 05 CCSB LT with 42k miles for $27k Volant intake, RBP exhaust, Edge programmer, 6" RCD lift, 22" Rockstar's with 35" tires. The transmission was going bad and would need replacement soon, I've been wating on the seller to drive to me and pick up his check for the truck but he's having 2nd thoughts about.
So Im tired of wating already and lost out an a good deal already an 06 GMC LBZ, and I just found another Chevy LBZ and dont want to let it go if it's a good deal. The thing I liked about this one is that it was already modded so I wouldnt need to spend on mods.
I wasn't intrested in anything with over 50k miles but let me know what you guys think about this. Im still wating on the vin check here, but it's an 06 Silverado CCSB 4x4 LT leather, sunroof, towing mirrors, Navigation, dvd, tv's, 76k miles price is 23,999 at a chevy delaership.
I know this one's stock, but I like that it has the LBZ abd 6 speed. But what you guys think about the 76k miles? And is it a good price? It's located about a 2-3 hour drive from me, I'll probaly go look at it tommarow if I get the vin check today. I talked to the dealer already and he told me how its a nice truck and that he's owned 2 03's. So I don't know if he'd lower the price.
1. How do you guys go about making a negotation when buying a truck/car at a delaership? Im 21 and this would be my first purchase through a delaership, everytime I've gone to delaerships they act like they're alredy giving the deal in the world. I have an approved loan through my bank already, so he wouldn't have to worry about getting me approved. Any pointers, advice?
2. I asked him about warranty also, and he says that he can offer a GM warranty since it's a GM delaership.

Got the vin check thanks http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/...ead.php?t=5924
Thanks in advance guys

Where are you located? Reason I ask is I have an LBZ for sale.
Other than that, look on KBB for the good condition price. That would be a good place to start the bidding. Don't let them charge you any fees like processing or when you make the offer give them a "out the door" price. Set your price and don't go over it.

I just checked KBB and the retail worth of that truck is in the 32K range. Something does not sound right to me. Not saying it isn't true but dealers don't leave $10k on the table for nothing.

Im California. Just called to confirm price with the dealer and he said $23,995.

I think I just bought an 07 classic LBZ LS CCSB 4X4 6 speed Alli everything but leather for $26,800 27k miles dark grey. Now is the time to buy with the fuel prices the way they are.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. The LBZ is the best motor to get in a duramax IMO. :yesnod:

For the guy that was trying to sell you a dmax with a bad trans. There could be someting else up. Its hard to get a allison to go bad unless you limp it a million times so it could be a beat truck anyways. :nonod:

I think it sounds like a great deal, the engine and tranny should be good for alot more miles and as far as neg. goes I would take the truck to another dealership and have them do an inspection on it, any thing they find wrong is reason for $ off of the price tag also don't be afraid to mention the current fuel prices and sound like it might turn you away, if he will come down on price this will be the time to do it. Good luck.

We'll I checked out the truck, it was still in the back getting serviced. The hood was opened and they had a funnel taped up for the oil. The service guys were gone so I couldn't really check it out well or drive it. I did notice that the pipe on the right side the downpipe I believe was coverd in gunk/residue, any idea what causes that? I talked to the manager there and he said the truck belonged to a local, he would tow a boathome to lake havasu and went thru a divorce and she kept the boat so he traded the truck for a new denali. Not sure how true that is though.
They didn't want to work on the price because they thougt that it must have been a misprint to start off because it was 10k under retail, but since it was advertised on the net they have to sell it at that? I tried but I couldn't get them to work anything out, the warranty is a GMPP the guy ended up offering me the 3 year/30,000 for the price of the 2 year/ 30,000 for $2,250. They took down all my info and loan stuff, and the truck should be ready to buy tommarow, so I can test drive it and if I like it I can take it home tommarow. Another diesel guy told me to check the pitman and idler, and to lift the truck and move wobble the tire at 12 and 6 o clock to make sure the bearings are good. The piman is were the balljoint is at right? How do I make sure it's good?

Thanks

That's a good deal. $24k is about the going rate around here also.

The black gunk on the joints of the intercooler pipes is oil seeping out from the closed PCV system... dirt sticks to the oil seepage; normal for it to do that (you can re-route the PCV system to the atmosphere to keep the oil from getting into the intake very easily). As far as the suspension is concerned, this is my opinion based on my experience with my 06 so take it for what it's worth, if it doesn't have larger tires/wheels (stock 245/75/16) and hasn't been lifted then the wheel bearings, pittman/idler arms and ball joints are fine with that low mileage. For the record, the idler and pittman arms are parts of the steering linkage, not the ball joints.

It looks like it has a leveling kit and pro comp wheels with a bit bigger tires.

Thanks

Back