• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for one marine nozzle assembly for science!!!

Rockabillyrat

SlIgHtLy StUpId.
Reaction score
I'm looking for one marine (dn0sd311) nozzle assembly. Used would be preferable. I'm not looking to run it on my truck. All I want to do is measure it and compare the pintle design to the #304 and #253 nozzles. I'm doing research on building a true performance injector for these old oil burners.

Thank you

Sorry I can't help, I did pay for a set of marines but when I changed them out they were just the 304's.

Am interested in your research.

Sorry I can't help, I did pay for a set of marines but when I changed them out they were just the 304's.

Am interested in your research.

Dang... I have 304s and 248s. I did find a Chinese 311 but I would like a Bosch one because I can't trust the machine work done by them.

Interesting stuff so far huge difference in pintle design between all 3 of them. Lift specs are also different.

For fun I have 314 and 320 nozzles being shipped in from the UK. They fit our long body injectors so I'm interested to see the pintle design on them.

It looks like I will be spending some time on the lathe to modify the pintles for the injection curve im after. Full write up will happen once I'm done.

I'd hang on to them too. Hoping someone has a used one they no longer need.

I guess I should track down a 253 as well now that I think about it. Just to see if there is a difference between the 248 and 253 pintle design.

Unfortunately all I have is used 304s. I do have a full set of Marines I'm hanging on to :)

Are your 304s Bosch? The ones I have are Delphi and I'd be curious if there was a difference. The Delphi had a 5mmx2.5mm needle. Bosch specs are 6mmx2.5mm.. I wonder if anything else is different?

Back