• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for Local Tracks to Run the Dmax at

12ga diesel

Jack of all, Master of none
Reaction score
What are some of the drag strips in the area (IL/WI) that would be open for me to run the truck at? Where do you guys run your trucks at? I wanna get some solid times and speeds and was wondering if there are. What's it cost to make a few passes?

Great Lakes Dragaway is just up there in WI, Joliet IL has the big NHRA track/Nascar Speedway, and for basic test and tunes, around here we go to US41 (IHRA) in Morocco IN. Those are probably the closest ones you'll find.

I was looking at Route 66 dragway on line and saw they do have some weekends for test and tunes. I've been there every year for the Drags and Cup races. Might look at going down there for some passes. Correct me if I'm wrong, did Great Lakes Dragway close? I know Wilmont Speedway was closing last year, and maybe I have the two confused. I was just curious who had taken theirs down the track, and where they have gone.

If you get down this way, let me know. I live 4 miles from the track. Beers and bonfires are in order.

Yeah, that's right. My grandparents live about 5-10 minutes from the track as well. They are just off of I-55 and Rt. 52. A good reason to to the the track and stop by to see the GPs.

If you guys ever get down south,Around Mattoon.there is a nice little track here.Coles County dragway.Its a 1/8 mile track.They do friday night fun nights every other week.Cost 10 bucks as many pass's as you can make between 6pm to 10pm.No helmet,and you can take a passenger if you want.You can pick who you want to race,thay just run 2 lanes on the fun nights.Normaly 50+ cars and trucks,I have seen as many as 100 before.You can even camp in the pits.they have some decent partys every now and then.Normaly just sittin around the fire drinkn and bsn.

Back