• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

look what i found

i think they are mostly worried about egt's and they didnt even have the ppe turned up all the way. plus who is to say the driver doesnt let off real quick when it shifts to lower times. I have nothing against banks but i have seen videos of truck with just a ppe that go faster then that

They say that the Edge with Atittude would limp the tranny with the unlock code but they say nothing about the PPE doing it on the 300HP setting. I have the PPE Hot +2 in my truck right now set on level 10 (350HP) and I am looking at the Edge with Atittude sitting on my dining room table that I just took out. I could limp the tranny with out the hot unlock code on the edge and I can tell you that this PPE programmer is 10 times the power. There is no way Banks would ever come close to the power of the PPE. Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.

Phil

The problem with banks is that they dont think their poop stinks.

They're "the best" because they have all of these fancy hundred thousand dollar race trucks and none of their products make smoke.

They praise theyre tuners but like any company, bias the results toward themselves.

They talk about every tuner running dangerously hot when the hottest was 1800 with the PPE. Sure thats hot but for 10 seconds its not gonna do any damage.

They also dont realize that guys add other mods to keep the truck running safe so the PPE has more potential as you can run the big tunes once the truck is built up more, whereas with the Banks your done when your truck only has the programmer on it.

Theres a reason I dont use Banks. Its a huge corporate company with too much money and too much pride. And the products are just too overpriced.

I am tired of seeing Banks talk down to the other tuners. I listened to the runs, LISTENED! I could hear a feather of the pedal on the PPE run, but not the Banks. I didnt listen to the rest since I know they rigged the test. I have PPE Hot+2 and EFI Live, and I know that my PPE on 120HP will beat a Banks product any day of the week. What a bunch of ****ies, I think they need a wet rag for their mangina

Before we turn this into another site that does nothing but bash Bank's....

1. Has anyone ran a Six-Gun?
2. If you have, what do you run now?
3. If you buy a Six-Gun, do you need to do "other" modifications in order to
use it to it's potential? (built tranny, lift pump, etc.)
4. I can go on....

I myself have never run a Bank's tuner and you will not find me bashing them either. You have to admit that with those "High Dollar" race trucks, Bank's is doing nothing but help our "sport". The faster that thing runs, the more interest in diesel performance there will be, meaning more choices, vendors, product's, lower prices, and so on.

If any company performs a comparison test, you can be sure that their product will come out on top, and that is not a surprise. Bank's has a pretty tight relationship with GM, and is not going to put out products for the street that "grenade" tranny's and engines.

Personally, I would like this site to become a open and honest discussion about products and vendors. We don't need all the insults, hearsay, and drama. I think that is why a lot of people have left "other" sites.

P.S. I'm sure we could round up a couple "test" trucks in the Lodi, WI area for the "1st Annual Dieselhaulin Tuner Shootout"'. :D :beer: :drinking: :coal:

Before we turn this into another site that does nothing but bash Bank's....

1. Has anyone ran a Six-Gun?
2. If you have, what do you run now?
3. If you buy a Six-Gun, do you need to do "other" modifications in order to
use it to it's potential? (built tranny, lift pump, etc.)
4. I can go on....

I myself have never run a Bank's tuner and you will not find me bashing them either. You have to admit that with those "High Dollar" race trucks, Bank's is doing nothing but help our "sport". The faster that thing runs, the more interest in diesel performance there will be, meaning more choices, vendors, product's, lower prices, and so on.

If any company performs a comparison test, you can be sure that their product will come out on top, and that is not a surprise. Bank's has a pretty tight relationship with GM, and is not going to put out products for the street that "grenade" tranny's and engines.

Personally, I would like this site to become a open and honest discussion about products and vendors. We don't need all the insults, hearsay, and drama. I think that is why a lot of people have left "other" sites.

P.S. I'm sure we could round up a couple "test" trucks in the Lodi, WI area for the "1st Annual Dieselhaulin Tuner Shootout"'. :D :beer: :drinking: :coal:

I completely agree..

:beer:

hehe I completely overlooked you were from here at first.

Anyways heres the good things aboout Banks.

1. Business wise theyre smart. They know how to make a profit. Which in the end is always best for the consumer.

2. Their products are safe. They wont break anything.

3. Theyre products are clean, keeps all of the eco freindly people happy and thinking that diesels are good engines and dieselperformance should stay around.

4. They promote dieselperformance with theyre expensive trucks, even if none of the products they use on them are available to the public.

I guess where most of us come from is that we are edumacated and want the best and biggest for our trucks.

Now for the rich yuppie who just bought a Dmax, It wouldnt surprise me if he went out and bought the powerpak. Good for him. Thats all hes ever gonna do to the truck so its a good decision and he has the money to do it.

But then theres us who pencil every investment and research till our eyes are bloodshot and we find there are better deals out there. ESPECIALLY when it comes to customer service.

I think that even though Banks racing products aren't "real world" friendly, the more people that see that truck go faster and faster, the more opportunity for us. It would be nice to bring the price of performance products down to the level of a small block Chevy. :D

Oh, and keep your eyes open for a brand spank'n new dieselhaulin sticker on my rig...

banks is a good unit, although expensive. you can limp your tranny if you don't treat your truck right. if you are running huge ass power yea without any tranny mods your gonna limp it. when you have a stock truck pullin' a huge ol load up a hill, and your edge set at max level which is probably 300 horses, more than likely a few things will happen... a limped tranny is one and in time your engine will overheat because it can't handle the stress. i am no mechanic but i know that if i don't mod my truck correctly to handle the stress on my engine and other components, they will wear prematurely. JMHO though. i just hope my tranny doesn't limp with my tuner:D

I agree that the test is skewed. I would do the same if I were Banks. Anyhow, Banks is now offering some of their high-end performance parts to the public. I'm talking about mechanical parts, not just tuners and air boxes. They make good products and test the $hit out of most of them.

I do not like Banks' marketing schemes. Or most of their sales force for that matter. Bangin on competitors has never been something I cared for.

Back