• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lmm problems with chips?

dmaxguy

Reaction score
i heard the exhaust filters fill up quicker with a chip, is this true. makes me want to kieep my oldie :cool:

First time I heard of that...but it has its' merits cause of higher tune. But I know on the new PPE and other programmers you can force regen cycle, if you want to avoid regen while towing or playin' hard.

Would be better if you remove your DPF, then you don't have too worry about regen, but keep it on the side just in case you need to put it back on...

ive heard of them possibly having this problem. But all of the manufactures made their tunes on a dyno with the DPF removed and a smoke opacity meter on the tailpipe.

Removing the DPF really is the way to go though. It really wakes the trucks up.

It will clog up faster and go into regen more often. Just drop the whole system and get turbo back. Also, PPE can force a regen at idle if you keep the dpf

Sure, It'll fill up faster and regen more. Add more fuel and power and you get more soot - which all gets trapped in that filter. Unless you're pounding on it, it won't clog...but it will go through it's regeneration more, hence going through more fuel. If you run a low tune, you won't even know the difference. If you're looking for pure performance, dump all of the emissions crap, as others have said. I like mine being on, it doesn't stink in the garage and doesn't leave a black trail down the boat...but to each his own. :D

Ive heard of issues of towing with the chip causing a limp mode - too much soot for the DPF to burn off, and the filter plugs and truck gets stuck in limp. I've even heard of this happening with stock trucks with a heavy/ constant load.

Get rid of the DPF for towing!!!

Back