• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LMM Fuel Filter Change

WhtThndr3

Yeah, I'm that guy
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: I'm not a mechanic and am trying to describe this the best I can. Also, sorry no pics.

Hey LMM guys,

As some of you may have noticed it's harder than hell to change the fuel filter on because of all the crap in the way:wtf: I've seen the filter change post on here for older Dmaxs, but there's just to much crap in the way and you can't bend lines out of the way. So,

A buddy and me figured out a way to change it without having to go underneath the pass. wheel well. Or pay the stealership lots of $$$$$$:nono:

1. Pull off the air intake tube
2. Unclip the water indicator QD on the bottom
3. Unhook fuel lines on top assembly
4. Remove screw holding wire on top of filter assembly
5. Remove 2 bolts holding filter assembly to bracket on engine
6. Remove whole filter assmbly/with filter on it
7. Unscrew filter from top of assembly
8. Unscrew water indicator from bottom of filter
9. Put everything back together in reverse order

I know this is a vauge discription, but take some time to study, it's not really that bad. Using some of the techniques found on the older dmax filter replacement (after we got the filter assembly out), we did it in less than an hour, and next time I could do it myself faster. It's definatly alot easier than pulling all the bolts from the wheel well:mad2:

Hope this helps the LMM guys.:thumbsup:

Back