• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LLY

kramer56

Recruit
Reaction score
Hey guys I have been in hiding i guess for awhile, and not been around here much. SORRY. Well i have a question for anyone out there that has ever ran the 2004.5 LLY. My buddy wants to tune his truck (2004.5 LLY CCSB LS model, 265 tires S&B intake, MBRP turbo back exhaust) its red and mine is black only difference. I run PPE standard 5 levels and it rips, too much power and alot of smoke. Well when i put it in his it doesn't feel anything close to mine. Why would that be? It goes but not like it does in my truck.
So why would that be and what other tuner out there will give him a lot of hp gain and may be s-o-f as well cuz he not real good with electronics lol. I have been lookin into EDGE CS for him, anyone know about it or should he stick with the PPE line or what others should I look at for him.

I would start by changing the fuel filter, then try it.

It's funny you say that, some trucks do feel stronger than others. But, you shouldn't see a BIG difference.

My brother has same PPe as me so i will load his in mine and mine in the other truck and see how they lineup. My truck just seems to put u back in the seat harder than my buddies truck does.

No one on the EDGE stuff????? if not why please.

Edge is not that great a tuner for Duramaxes. They do have great customer service, but also have a lot of quality control issues.

PPE Hot +2 ET is top tier for big out of the box tunes for the LLY. Diablo Predator is another good choice, and comparable to the 5 level PPE.

Edge is not that great a tuner for Duramaxes. They do have great customer service, but also have a lot of quality control issues.

PPE Hot +2 ET is top tier for big out of the box tunes for the LLY. Diablo Predator is another good choice, and comparable to the 5 level PPE.

Well put...:thumbsup:

Hey guys I have been in hiding i guess for awhile, and not been around here much. SORRY. Well i have a question for anyone out there that has ever ran the 2004.5 LLY. My buddy wants to tune his truck (2004.5 LLY CCSB LS model, 265 tires S&B intake, MBRP turbo back exhaust) its red and mine is black only difference. I run PPE standard 5 levels and it rips, too much power and alot of smoke. Well when i put it in his it doesn't feel anything close to mine. Why would that be? It goes but not like it does in my truck.
So why would that be and what other tuner out there will give him a lot of hp gain and may be s-o-f as well cuz he not real good with electronics lol. I have been lookin into EDGE CS for him, anyone know about it or should he stick with the PPE line or what others should I look at for him.

If you have any questions give me a shout, we aren't that far from you.

Back