• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

lly tuner

anthonydmax

Reaction score
will im ready for a tunner for my lly and i did reading about alot them but dont no wich one to get, i dont tow alot i use my truck for work im a painter so there is not much lbs in the back. im looking to get more power but better mpg. what are you guys have or think i should get. and what is efi live? thanks for the info

EFILive is a PC based programming software for your truck. A bit complex and a learning curve is needed to use it.

A good tuner like a Predator or PPE would be a great entry level tuner.

I have had a Hypertech on my 05 for at least a couple of years. My main goal was mileage and drivability for towing, it fits my needs very well, plus I can unload the program and restore it fairly quickly if I need to have it serviced.

I have the PPE Economy and run it on #2. I tow 3-5 days a week @ 6000lbs and love it. Fuel economy improved by 1.5 mpg with exhaust and tuner.

efi live. you can get a nice tune or 2 depending on the vendor and then your done. you can make any changes yourself and customize to your seat of the pants feel.

Back