• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lights Out on Steering Wheel Control

12ga diesel

Jack of all, Master of none
Reaction score
How difficult is is to replace the lights for the steering wheel controls? The top right two are out (volume and seek) and the <- (enter) button on the bottom right are out? It isn't the biggest thing in the world, but when driving at night, it is nice to see where the buttons are without feeling around. Just curious if this is an easy thing to do in the driveway.

If your replacing the switch it is very easy, if you want to replace the light bulbs it's a bit difficult due to the small bulbs and the tiny board. The switches pop out with a little prying from a small screw driver but be carefull they don't give you alot of wire to work with, once there out you unplug them and install the new switch or if your doing bulbs you have to take the old switch apart being carefull not to lose the small pieces, desolder the old bulbs and solder in the new ones, I bought mine at Radio Shack fo $1.49 for two.

Last edited:
Yes, and new bulbs, even stepping op to LEDs are appx....1 buck...

...I say just spend the extra 5 minutes and replace them yourself! If you have any questions just let me know, I replaced all my dash with blue LED's

Back