• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LED's Might Be On Their Way Out...

Problem is plasma has a short life and loses its energy,just like the TV's- LED's last a long while.Unless this is some kind of new plasma?Just my take .

That would be one mean All-On headlight mod with all four headlights with those and say, four off road lights on the bumper with those in it.

Jim, I never heard that before that plasma has a short life, but is interesting and I too am curious if this is a new kind of plasma that can have a long life.

Like this?

This was before I put in HID fogs....DRL's woulda pretty much done nothing more than put more unnecessary load on the fuse. They dont put out much light anyways.

Attachments

• HPIM0306.jpg
    HPIM0306.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 24
That would be one mean All-On headlight mod with all four headlights with those and say, four off road lights on the bumper with those in it.

Jim, I never heard that before that plasma has a short life, but is interesting and I too am curious if this is a new kind of plasma that can have a long life.

Been reading about this more and a lot of the manufacturers have moved the life up to 12-17yrs before picture is at half life(plasma TV's).Thats not bad at all,the only other bad part is a burn in affect if a screen picture is constant(sports event with score ticker)as an example.Although I think most TV's will do this if left on a constant picture.
But this is a whole different deal with it being utilized as a light source.Something to look forward to in your rear view mirror:banghead:Like those damn blue lights that came out several years ago lol.
I will be curious to see where this goes.

They could maybe make some sort of Projector Setup for Automotive use, so the Beam has a Cut-off, so it'll be controlled, and not just throw light everywhere.

...But they should still make them so you can also just replace your current Bulb with the Plasma one :)

Plasma has a particularly shorter life @ altitude...that is why Plasma TVs are not all that popular up here.

It is an interesting concept though...

Like this?

This was before I put in HID fogs....DRL's woulda pretty much done nothing more than put more unnecessary load on the fuse. They dont put out much light anyways.

Yes, just like that! Nick I can not tell you how jealous of you and your light set up that you have. Before I had seen your set up, before I was on DP, that was exactly how I wanted mine to be. So I hope you don't mind that I am going for the same set up as you have.

Back