• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ power reliabilty

big block 88

Big Block 88
Reaction score
Hey guys whats up? So I was goin to buy an 03 LB7 EXSB but it had like 72,000 miles. And with what I plan on putting this truck through I don't want any unneeded mileage on my truck. So my dealer back home has an 07 classic with the LBZ CCSB 4X4 6 spd Alli dad said it was a nice truck, it is a bit hard for me to look at the truck being in the middle of the sandbox. It has 22,000 miles all stock and he will sell it for 27,500 I think I will go ahead with it. But what I want to know is what are the down falls of the LBZ any problems I can expect. And what kinda power can they handle with 100% reliability. Is it the same as an LB7 or can she handle more. I think me 921500z71 will go halves on an EFI Live set up, on my next Leave back to the states. I was also wanting to know if the EFI live will work between the 2 different motors LB7 and LBZ or is there differences in the software. Thanks guys for your help.

the LBZ is a very stable platform. The problems that the previous engine had seem to been worked out on the LBZ. IMO it's the best Mill yet and reliability is awesome.

LBZ will do you right. I don't have EFI Live (yet) but from what I have read it will tune both engines. The engine will handle more HP than the trans will, replacing the converter and installing a Transgo Jr kit should make the Ally hold up to 500 rwhp as long as your not pulling sleds.

My next leave me and 921500Z71 will be doing both his LB7 and my LBZ then we can hopefully tinker with it a bit. How much is that Transgo kit? I have heard it is a pretty good product. Thanks guys.

Back