• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Just Installed 5" Exhaust

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
Got a Coopin for Magnaflow on Amazon that I just couldn't refuse, so I got a 5" Down-pipe back Exhaust for $257/shipped.

Got it installed today and compared to my 4" Straight I had on there, the 5" is even Quieter.

On Take Off, Idle, Cruising, Rolling into the Throttle, it's Quieter all around.

Overall I'm happy.

It's Night & Day difference between the 5" on the Cummins and the 5" on the Duramax. The VGT Turbos really do a helluva job at quieting down the Exhaust.

The 5" on my Duramax is LOUD! I oddly enough I noticed the exact opposite affect from a 4" to 5". I am running a muffler, and that could be part of my drone problem.

It's aluminized, but for the price, i'll deal with it. I got he same on the Cummins, and after this winter, it still looks new.

I had a 4" Corsa on there, which was whisper quiet, until you got into it, then I took off the muffler and put a pipe in its place and it was nice, still quiet, but def. not as quiet as having the muffler on there. I could get it to thump like a gasser at certain rpm's. Then now with the 5", it's just totally different. Quieter all around and where it had certain "sounds" in the rpm range with the 4", they just aren't there or are ALOT quieter with the 5"

Yep, Cummins from 04.5+ have 4" stock.

Of course going WOT, it sounds like the gates of hell opening, but if you're just driving normal, it's shockingly quiet.

Check out the Link Mike told you about first.

But, it's funny how it happened for me. I was looking at 5" Systems on Ebay, and I always forget to look for Parts on Amazon, so I went over there and was looking around and comparing Prices. Next morning I woke up and had an E-Mail with a Coopin from Amazon for "Today Only" take whatever % off the Advertised Price on all Magnaflow Systems, so at that point, I was sold and ordered it up.

So if you don't have an Amazon account, make one, and go looking at Truck Parts you may be interested in, and you might just wake up the next morning with a Coopin that'll make a Deal you can't refuse. That was the only time IIRC that I got such a specific Coopin from them.

Back